Sunday, August 1, 2010

Commencement Address

I am starting this blog out of sheer boredom.  I recently moved back home to Dallas and in with my Mom and my eldest brother Nik.  For the last twelve years I had been living in Los Angeles.  I stupidly moved back to Dallas during the summer where the triple digits never go away and the only place to be comfortable is indoors.  Timing really is everything. 
I don't really know how to "blog".  I guess I just need to think of it as a digital diary; only when I was kid keeping your diary away from your Mom and any siblings was a necessity and the rule.  Today kids just put all of their emotional drama out in the open, as if their life was a reality tv show.  That was wierd, talking about kids today as if I am not one of them.  All evidence to the contrary; yikes. 
I have always thought of myself as a throwback, sort of an analog signal in this digital world; so this is my attempt to bridge into modern living.  I will still buy vinyl,  I won't sell out completely, but I guess this will keep me from being totally out of touch.
I don't know what to expect from you out there but my mission statement, so to speak, will be to keep track of the spiral that is my life and maybe have something substantial to reread at a much later date.
Big Kiss,
Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment